Do you have a dog-damaged or cat-scratched upholstered chair that needs new life? Reupholster the piece yourself and be amazed at the transformation—and at how much fun the process can be. Taught by a master upholsterer with 20k youtube subscribers worldwide, the class covers old school and modern methods and materials for antique, 20th century and contemporary furniture. Learn to disassemble your piece and pad, cut and apply fabric in a step-by-step approach. Please limit to chairs and other small pieces.
- Tools: Limited number of tools are available at the shop, but please bring your own if you have them!
- Materials: Tuition includes all basic upholstery materials , with the exception of Fabric & Cushions. Don’t have your own fabric? Fabrics are sold here at the shop through our fabric expert Mikayla Dows.
- Bring to first class: Magnetic tack hammer, wooden mallet, scissors, tape measure, flat screwdriver, and pliers.
- Please note: Smaller chairs or ottomans are recommended for this class, particularly for beginners; large armchairs often take at least two full sessions of this course (16 classes).
- Furniture must be brought to and from class due to space limitations.
- 6 People per class
- 8 weeks
- All Skill levels
*In Person Classes Are Non-Refundable*
JAN 16th – MAR 13th
SLOT 1 9:30-11:30am
SLOT 2 1:00 – 3:00pm
JAN 17th – MAR 14th
6:00 – 8:00pm
JAN 19th – MAR 16TH
6:00 – 8:00pm